BETTER FASTER STRONGER LOUDER
- We did some heavy tinkering on Discord’s core infrastructure. Most of the following bullets are related to this. Queue the Daft Punk track.
- We’re not joking, please listen to this while reading for maximum impact.
- Large servers perform better in general. CPU and network usage is about the same regardless of server size (whether a hundred people or a hundred-thousand people).
- Offline members are no longer hidden after you cross one-hundred members. We turned this off long ago for tech… and it is back. Offline lists in large servers are still hidden, though.
- Discord uses a lot less data now. Long live your data plan.
- Discord uses a lot less battery now. Longer live your battery life. Also, the iOS app loads faster. Android imminent.
- Large Discord servers can now grow much larger. This one’s for you, Fortnite.
- Select Xbox Insiders can now connect their Xbox account to Discord.Will be available to the rest of us mere mortals sometime in the very very very near future.
- Audio files can now be played directly in Discord to minimize the time it takes for people to listen to your toasty mix tape.
- Screenshare now includes audio! Now your friends can yell at you to kill the Genji behind you.
- New authentication screens are sexy af. Go check out how wavy they are.
- Added a volume slider to the inline media player because that llama video someone sent me was loud and confusing.
- The instant invite pop up now has user suggestions for speed running server invites. UX BOOOOOOST :rocket:
- Turned off a few lights in dark theme. There’s more dark now. That’s how that works.
- If you’re a YouTuber or a streamer and love Discord, you should apply for the Discord Partner Program and increase your coolness factor by at least 16%.
- We need external validation, so please follow us on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.
- Jobs Jobs Jobs Jobs Work For Us Please We Need Help So Come Get A Job Job Job Job Job Job
You May Also Like